Friday, July 3, 2009

another peek



Using my day off to work madly on some more cards for the show. These are actually an older design that I re-worked a bit--one of my personal favorites.




Then I took a break, and went with a friend for some free and lovely jazz outdoors at LACMA. There were so many people there, and it was such a lively atmosphere. Loved it.

We also checked out Your Bright Future, currently up at BCAM. I may be partially biased due to my roots, or perhaps my roots help me to relate to some of the work better. Either way, I thought it was a great exhibit! Do Ho Suh is one of the 12 Korean artists featured in the show--I first encountered his work at the Venice Biennale back in 2001, and he's been one of my favorite contemporary artists ever since. Below is a snapshot of one of his pieces that I took before the guard stopped me, oops.

No comments: