Saturday, June 14, 2008

hello again.



Ahem. Allow me to re-introduce myself. I'm coming back here from a long absence. Is anyone still poking around this space?

...And here I am working away at a new craft medium: fabric! Yes, I am teaching myself to sew. Armed with a new sewing machine and some helpful books, I have already tackled a couple of projects! Above you can see pieces of a few checkbook covers in the making. The buttons especially make me smile, they were a great find at a local fabric shop the other day. The fabric was purchased months ago from Kirin & Co.

I can't wait to see how these turn out! One of my toughest challenges is sewing hems in a straight line, but I figure the more I practice, the better I will become. I also seem to have some trouble with needle tension, and figuring that all out.

But this new little hobby of mine is no excuse for my long-term neglect to this space, and my etsy shop! I am actually working on a new collection of cards, to be launching by month's end--promise to keep you posted!

No comments: