Saturday, August 7, 2010

Renegade Los Angeles

Apologies for the absence! I seem to have gone through another phase of forgetting about this little online space that I have. It may be a bit akin to how bad I am at keeping my plants alive and watered. Proper maintenance is a bit of a challenge for me sometimes!

So it has been a lovely summer so far, including a great Renegade show here in LA a couple weeks ago. It was at a much better venue this year, and so much more fun! I loved being on the grass and outdoors. A huge thank you to all who came out!



See that garland up there? It wasn't so difficult to make, but it did take some time and a bit of craftiness.. I then almost gave up on it when it responded to being finished by promptly falling off my workspace and into a tangled heap onto the floor--the night before the fair, of course! Let's just say that sewing thread is quite difficult to untangle. I'm glad I worked through it though, because I think it added the perfect touch to my booth and I just loved how the breeze made the circles twirl. Fun!

I loved meeting my booth neighbors, and everyone that came by my booth was so friendly. I bought a couple of jewelry pieces as well, and a birthday gift for my brother. All in all, it was an exhausting but fantastic and inspiring weekend.

No comments: